Easy E-Brake solution "LS Disc Brake" upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
I figured out an easy solution to making the Stock GBody brake cable ate up to the brakes commonly referred to as "LS Brakes." My particular brakes came from a 2000 Blazer, but these same style brakes are used on a lot of other GM models. Other things to note in the video are the swapping of Box Caprice springs to get the back of the #familyBurnoutWagon to stop sagging onto its own rear tires. Please enjoy the video and do all the share/like/subscribe stuff that all the YouTube people talk about fondly.

Reactions: 6 users

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Great timing, put an 8.8 in my SS with Cobra R brakes that have a similar style lever as the LS1 brakes. Got me thinking now!!
Are you using stock G-body emergency cables for the rest of the setup?

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Great timing, put an 8.8 in my SS with Cobra R brakes that have a similar style lever as the LS1 brakes. Got me thinking now!!
Are you using stock G-body emergency cables for the rest of the setup?

Yes sir. Stock cables for everything else, just cut to length and modified the way I show in the video. It's nice to have an E-Brake again.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Well done. I had not gotten around to solving this problem yet. Procrastination pays off, once again. Hadn't thought about the glass shards before. I remember glass in my hair when my rear hatch glass exploded in a car accident 32 years ago. PVC pipe idea is probably less work than finding the right struts.

I used this technique to put a new cable on my cheapo Craigslist winch. Welded a nut onto the cable drum, threaded the cable end through the nut, then welded another nut to the end of the cable.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor