Ebay 3M double faced tape buyer beware.

565bbchevy

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Just for anyone looking for authentic 3M tape on Ebay just be aware that some sellers post what looks like 3M and have 3M in their product listing but for them 3M stands for 3 Meters in length so verify it has the trademark actually on the tape and inside the roll and you can also look at who they list for manufacturer.
I am not willing to risk trying an off brand tape and here is an example of a non 3M product.

pagrunt

pagrunt

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
That looks like a China based seller shipping from the US. I'd rather buy local for that than risk getting the fake stuff.

565bbchevy

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
That looks like a China based seller shipping from the US. I'd rather buy local for that than risk getting the fake stuff.
I have bought it a few times off Ebay with no issues but locally only 5/8 and 3/4" wide is stocked and sometimes I need about 10 mm wide to do the job and I get it at a good price.

melloelky

melloelky

Royal Smart Person
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I've used norton for years with good luck.like anything,prep is key

airboatgreg

airboatgreg

Royal Smart Person
Oct 2, 2016
Just for anyone looking for authentic 3M tape on Ebay just be aware that some sellers post what looks like 3M and have 3M in their product listing but for them 3M stands for 3 Meters in length so verify it has the trademark actually on the tape and inside the roll and you can also look at who they list for manufacturer.
I am not willing to risk trying an off brand tape and here is an example of a non 3M product.
They always have to find a way to f*** you. And they wonder why we don't like them

• Agree
Reactions: Rktpwrd
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Body / Trim / Paint / Glass 6

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor