eBay engine rebuild kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
My buddy wants to rebuild the 350 sbc in his 1 ton dump truck. He was going to order a rebuild kit from summit or jegs and they have none. Everyone must be rebuilding their engines during coronavirus Or something. Anyway, has anyone bought a kit from eBay? What seller and was the quality good? Again, this is no performance engine. Just a dump truck engine that gets drove probably 20 times a year. Thanks everyone.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I have bought a lot of stuff off of ebay over the years but the thought of trusting all of the work that goes into rebuilding an engine and risk BS parts....
I rebuilt a stock Grand Prix engine many years ago and i did it right down to a tee. At the end of it, i did have a good engine but with no guarantee and in the end i should have looked for a low mileage used motor. All least it is guaranteed. Labor isn't but the motor is.
Just a thought

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I've always gotten cheap kits from northern auto parts.

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
At the end of the day it's not on what platform you buy, it's about what you buy from whom.
Even on a dump truck, I wouldn't buy knock-off parts from a shady seller, it's not worth doing the work twice.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Been using Northern Auto almost 20 years - you get quality parts @ great prices and can always upgrade their kits. Last year I got ring kit that was minus one set of oil rings - no questions asked - took care of me.

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
I agree with you guys. You get what you pay for. This isn’t my engine or I would pay extra for the good stuff. But I did see some of these eBay seller’s have brand name parts in their kits.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
There are plenty of reputable sellers of SBC rebuilt kits on Ebay just verify what brand and level of parts you are getting and that the kit contains everything you need.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor