ECM clip in side of transmission?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
i am removing my ecm and all of it wires and i notice there are three wires going into the side of the transmission. can i cut these?

Do they go to a blue connector with 4 cavities? Is it next to the gear selector shaft? That would be your lockup converter wiring. Go ahead and cut it.

yeah it goes into the gear selector side. also there is a hose and some wires coming from the brake pedal however they do not go into the wiring harness they were connected to throttle linkage on the carb by a bendy metal shaft. the wires go into the drivers side and go to the passenger side and most likely the ecm.

pimplogic said:
...also there is a hose and some wires coming from the brake pedal however they do not go into the wiring harness they were connected to throttle linkage on the carb by a bendy metal shaft. the wires go into the drivers side and go to the passenger side and most likely the ecm.

That's for your cruise control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor