ECM delete 81 Monte Carlo 3.8L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ever Rojas

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 10, 2016
So I have an 81 MC 3.8L 229, I installed headers with x pipe to dual exhaust and also am going to install Edelbrock performer series Intake/carb which are non-egr. So obviously I would have to delete the smog components and ECM right? Do I have to delete the charcoal canister? And since I'm deleting the ECM what do I need to do with my distributor?

84slow

Greasemonkey
Feb 6, 2017
Ontario.Ca
So I have an 81 MC 3.8L 229, I installed headers with x pipe to dual exhaust and also am going to install Edelbrock performer series Intake/carb which are non-egr. So obviously I would have to delete the smog components and ECM right? Do I have to delete the charcoal canister? And since I'm deleting the ECM what do I need to do with my distributor?
I don't think you have to delete the ecm with that stuff installed. I also do have a 3.8 with headers and h pipe.. but I do not have an egr valve I don't think carbed applications came with a egr.. I may be wrong but I'm sure the more experience folks will reply soon

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
With the edelbrock carb that is going to be non-computerized I believe. Is this correct? If so you will need to get an older GM distributor with a vacuum advance. Keep the canister so you will not get a fuel smell. By omitting the EGR you could run into a pinging issue.

wnagel

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2013
Santiago Of Chile.
With edelbrock carb, ecm , harness and sensors it not needed.

If you plain to sell all parts from your CCC system, pm me.

Waldo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor