Ecm failure? Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsbikerboy92

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2019
I upload a video. To youtube.. Sorry about heavy brething. We're all sick here. Top 2 right ports is the ones I use. I don't know what a ses light is.. but it looks like the check engine light is on.. but supper supper dim.. at night u can see it a lil better.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I don't remember much about OBD1 and I am not sure what self-diagnostics it has. I know OBD2 tests itself and any little short or break would set a code. I would try and get someone to use a scan tool if you can find one that still does OBD1.

Reactions: 1 user

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
"SES" = Service Engine Soon/Check Engine.

I wasn't familiar with that era B body, but the fact that the lights are in the center of the dash and there's an aftermarket stereo beneath it might be a related issue as someone mentioned earlier. All depends on how it was installed.

In the Regal, your indicator lights are on either side of the speedometer.

I can't read it in the video, but you should be jumping the ports labeled "B" and "A" if the letters are F-A, left to right. Should flash once, then twice, indicating code 12, pause for a few seconds, then repeat twice for a total of three times. After the third code 12 flash, it'll go through actual trouble codes if there are any. Then it will start over with code 12. All from Chilton's manual and this website:

https://www.obd-codes.com/faq/read-gm-2-digit-obd-codes-free.php

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
Well, I'm no expert. But maybe if it is running good, try to drive it a bit.

You can always get something to put behind the indicator light bezel to cover the light. Thin black vinyl like a cover to a paper tablet. Doesn't fix anything, but keeps the annoying dim lights out of your eyesight while you test the electrical system in the interior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor