Edelbrock 1406 hesitation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

87regalkid

Apprentice
May 17, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I have an edelbrock 1406 series electric choke, 600 cfm carb on my sbc350 and I have always had hesitation issues with it if you accelerate hard. This problem is very annoying because you look like an idiot when you accelerate hard and the motor almost seems as if it will stall, but if you accelerate at a steady pace, it's fine. I've read that it could be the accelerator pump, so I actually rebuilt the entire carb, including a new pump, tuned air/fuel screws, tuned idle, and there seems to be no change whats so ever. Any suggestions?

I have also read that it could be too much fuel pressure to the carb, does anyone run a regulator. My fuel pump is model #M6624, supposedly a stock replacement for a muscle car.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
I have the same carb, after i did the intake and dizzy swamp i had the same problem... Once i timmed it good, it runs like a champ know...check yout timming..

gbondo57

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2010
Central Okla/USA
Look carefully at the accelerator pump arm, on the plunger, if you move the linkage in, closest to the body, (3 hole row) it should give you a longer shot. Longer duration cams, and carbs farther from the head, need more fuel in between circuits. (Idle n main) Good luck.

joe79carlo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 6, 2010
You may want to go up on the jets also I have this carb and its made for fuel economy so I changed the jet out of the box it comes with 98 prim 95 sec I went with 1.00 prim , 98 sec feels way better , jets are about $5 bucks on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor