Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
Are the avs carburetor good and would it mount to the stock 305 intake
DD69BCC6-65AD-4196-B3AD-71D9322B5F2A.jpeg

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
It won't fit with out an addapter plate, it's a square bore. Do you know that part number comes up as a reman/reconditioned carb? For something that will be a direct bolt on (even if it's also a reman) would be a Summit Qjet.
Here's a Holley 4160 with an electric choke & cheaper. Still need an adapter plate.
Then here's what I'm running but the price has more than tripled since I bought my 20 years ago.
The more universal Holley 4175 but still pricey but cheaper than the other one.
Last I'm going to suggest is Summits copy of a Holley & it's the cheapest. Again still needs an adapter
Another thing to keep in mind the Holley spread bores are a direct plug & play with the choke wire as the square bore carbs all need to adapt the harness connector to fit the choke.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor