edelbrock carb help on cutty 305 stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRabbit24

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2012
Tulsa
So I have a buddy who gots a cutty has a stock 305 with a 4 barrel edelbrock carb. Problem I am trying to solve for him is when first started it's accelerated way high but when I press on the gas it Boggs down and isles for a second than turns off. The 3 front vacuum s are blocked off. My theory is that he has a spacer on his engine and also that his needle s is sticking , I did adjust the accelerator but doesn't do anything at all. Any help would great thanks.

Skitter302

Apprentice
Jan 20, 2014
USA, WA
Only reason the spacer would be a problem is if the gaskets are causing a vacuum leak. I run 2 spacers myself with no issues.

Manual choke? electric choke? no choke?

if electric choke, double check BOTH idle screws. The Cold idle sounds like needs to be back down to ~1500rpm but the primary idle screw is too low.

"adjust the accelerator"

What did you change?

MrRabbit24

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2012
Tulsa
So it needs a vacuum ? Also if I unplug my fuel line the fuel keeps comeing out but my computer is out .

Skitter302

Apprentice
Jan 20, 2014
USA, WA
Yes, to keep the engine running at idle you need negative intake pressure.

How much fuel pressure are you getting? If the electric fuel pump is providing more then 8psi of fuel, your carb could be flooding and that is what is stalling the engine at normal idle.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
I bet you could sell the Edelbrock carb use the $ to reinstall the stock q-jet / computer having a perfectly good running 305 and still have $$$ left over to buy drinks... Bet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor