edelbrock performer rpm intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
i recently purchased a performer rpm intake to swap onto my sbc 350. i was wondering if this will fit under my hood without any issues. i suppose hood clearance is about the same on all the g bodies. i am running morroso solid mounts, and have a speed demon carb with a standard 3'' cleaner

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
I had a Performer and upgraded to the RPM Air-gap with an Edelbrock carb and flat base 3" air cleaner. I have a hood pad and everything seems to fit dandy. I am sure the RPM is not taller than the Air-Gap.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
no the rpm air gap and rpm are same exact manifold the one just has the metal underneath the plenum gone. i also dont have a hood bad. thanks for the imput, anyone else have any?

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
I have the same set up. I'm running an Edelbrock intake and a Holly carb. I even have a 1" spacer in there so the linkage will clear. I don't have any problems with clearence. I did however get an air cleaner kit that fits down around the carb. K&N makes a kit for about $70 if you need a little bit more room.

ONE EYE

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2006
in front of the computer...
i was reading up when i bought my air gap, it is somewhere around 1/2" taller than the regular rpm

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
ONE EYE said:
i was reading up when i bought my air gap, it is somewhere around 1/2" taller than the regular rpm

I concur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor