Edelbrock

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Saw that a few days ago and while it is a little concerning, let's hope it's just to get away from the regulatory and governmental sh*t fest that California is rumored to be. Maybe the NC location will be the new HQ? Even "Detroit" Speed is in NC. Surely they don't bow to the Bottom line gods and move production to China, that would be a disgrace. I was a couple of keystrokes from buying a Weiand intake the other day, but reviews saying it was from across the pond deterred me.

Reactions: 3 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
They are just being put under one roof with a slew of other companies, like Comp Cams, FAST, and several others. Basically corporate restructuring to save money on the white collar side....

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Torrance is one of the most expensive places to live on earth. I would have pulled out of there 20 years ago.

Toyota moved 3,500 people from there to Plano Texas and built a beatiful Google style campus (vs, a crap 30 year old building with no parking)... and saved money.

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The 2 foundries are staying in California, hopefully casting our new 68cc Olds heads😉.

• Optimistic
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Torrance is one of the most expensive places to live on earth. I would have pulled out of there 20 years ago.

Toyota moved 3,500 people from there to Plano Texas and built a beatiful Google style campus (vs, a crap 30 year old building with no parking)... and saved money.
I did not realize that you're just down the street(in TX distance) from Plano. I doubt that I will ever make it there for work(Toyota), but I will try to remember that if I do.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I didn't even read the article that they were moving people to San Jacinto (North Hemet).

Hemet has been a joke in our family for over 25 years "How can they afford to live in California? They live in Hemet. Oh....." Rimshot.

North Hemet would even be cheaper. Eventually, even Hemet will be too expensive, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor