Ed's Grand National is home! part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Sad story. Wouldn't you feel like a clown driving that thing anywhere? It would be hard to get anyone to take you serious. It may have the vin tag but there are some odd no reason to change things that would have had to have been changed for that to be his GN body. Such as the stainless steel lower body panels. A GN would not have the for lack of a better description the metal mounts that the factory had coming out of the door skins and fenders for which to mount them. Also they would have to swap out the marker lights and tail light assemblies as the GNs would not have been in chrome trim. Same with the chrome bumpers. The front header panel has the standing emblem so they would have to change it or drill & fabricate a mount for it. The header and body panels especially are unlikely changes that are not important or cared about to donkify a vehical. In fact on a better job often things like these would be removed. These are just some things I see from that one pic.

On another note if you are going to do that to a car why basterdise a GN etc why not just start with any generic Regal or gbody? I never understood that at all. It would seem like a demotivator as to picking that car for that type customization. In the opposite kind of comparison if I was to build a drag car why would I look to thieve a Donk to strip it down as opposed to just a relatively clean rust free generic gbody?

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
its also missing the fender vents the GN's had (Or was it just the GNX's that had them?) so they would have had to swap the fenders or cover them with bondo or metal. Which I doubt any donk owner would do. Also Most people whp do that would try to bring attention to the fact that it was a GN not hide it

Nov 4, 2012
MikesElco94 said:
http://www.mautofied.com/1986-Buick-regal_Donks/listing/100454042/
:roll:

I thought he said the engine was left alone. the ad says its a 454. Wtf?

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
joesregalproject said:
MikesElco94 said:

X2. Also thought he said guy didnt live in texas where car was found. Add states location as texas.
Its starting to look like someone was b.S.ing. Also one minute its a 87 add says 86

As previously stated to mich was done to make it look like it wasnt a ttype

Nov 4, 2012
chevy2480 said:
joesregalproject said:
MikesElco94 said:

X2. Also thought he said guy didnt live in texas where car was found. Add states location as texas.
Its starting to look like someone was b.S.ing. Also one minute its a 87 add says 86

As previously stated to mich was done to make it look like it wasnt a ttype

Yeah, I highly doubt anyone would add chrome rocker mouldings, a hood ornament, and chrome locks to make it look like a plain Jane regal vs. a gn.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Rasheerh said:

x2....the GN never came with the wide lower chrome trim or chrome bumpers or chrome drip rails or a hood emblem or chrome trim around the back lights or a chrome door lock which apparently worked with his door key

Nov 4, 2012
pontiacgp said:
Rasheerh said:

x2....the GN never came with the wide lower chrome trim or chrome bumpers or chrome drip rails or a hood emblem or chrome trim around the back lights or a chrome door lock which apparently worked with his door key

I could even believe people who are into donks adding chrome bumpers and headlight and taillight bezels and chrome window trim to fit a "donk" theme, but I do not believe someone adding chrome rocker mouldings or a hood ornament or switching out the locks to chrome locks... And making the old keys still work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor