EFE dummy valve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I am looking for a dummy EFE valve. It is for a Pontiac 400 in a G-body and we don't need it to function. The stock exhaust manifold needs an EFE valve fitted to the driver side opening or a dummy to get the head pipe to fit. Normally I would use a real EFE valve and take the guts out. But they are getting rare and expensive these days. What I am seeing is these by Shafer. EMR003 and EMR004. Anyone familiar with these? It says they are 2" and 2.5" and fits BB Chevy/Camaro/Corvette.
M143840241.jpg
M143840239.jpg

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Normally I would do that too. I don't have any more broken ones to sacrifice. New ones are selling for big bucks. That is why I considered a dummy. My concern is that they are sized for Chevy manifolds and I am using a Pontiac manifold. Do I count on GM one-size-fits-all mentality or are they all different?

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
There is a factory Pontiac manifold without the heat riser on the driver's side. I believe it's early a body. The outlet is in the same place as a 301 more or less. Meaning it's not a center outlet but it's at the back of the motor. That's the manifold I'm using on my car right now. I don't think the part number is visible but I'll see if I can find it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor