EFI (in-tank return or run another line)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Hi, sorry for asking a question that I have seen discussed before, but why shouldn't I use this kit (link to holley EFI below) and use my factory fuel line up to the engine bay for my 5.3l swap into '84 Monte Carlo and be done? Is there issues with pressure drop or fuel starvation if I don't use corvette pressure regulator up in the engine bay (link to filter/regulator below)? Is it easy to modify the hard vent line so that I can use it as a fuel return? I hear there is an orifice hole in the vent line so that it will only allow vapor out. My tank seems really clean, so I'm gonna keep it. Looking for balance between easy (holley in-tank return) and best practice. Again, sorry for posting a repeat theme here.

Attachments

• 84MC_carb.png
    84MC_carb.png
    405.9 KB · Views: 168

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I bought one and I'm currently in process of my LS swap. I'll let you know how it works in a few weeks.

Reactions: 1 users

gearheaddrew

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2019
Bay City MI
I just removed my old tank and all the lines to install the Tanks Inc. setup. The factory sending unit has 2 hard lines that come out of it and then transition to rubber line and are mounted about 1 1/2 - 2 ft from the tank on the passenger side. This is an ideal place to mount the corvette filter regulator as you then only need to run a short return line back to the sending unit and a single line up the frame for the feed. At least that's my plan.

The Holley unit looks nice and would eliminate the need for a return line very similarly to what the O.E. is doing in modern vehicles.

Reactions: 1 user

gearheaddrew

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2019
Bay City MI
plumbed my system last night and installed the Corvette filter regulator. I was able to locate it in the original mounting point where the feed and vent line came out of the stock tank. Really easy to do with the push lock fittings and hose.

Attachments

• IMG_3164.JPG
    IMG_3164.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 185

wskirvin

Master Mechanic
May 22, 2017
Indianapolis, In
I ran the Holley sender in my cutlass. works great. ran it from the tank to a corvette style filter mounted on the frame with the return from there back to the tank and then a single line from the outlet of the filter up to the fuel rail. holds 63 psi all the time and i've had zero issues with it

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
plumbed my system last night and installed the Corvette filter regulator. I was able to locate it in the original mounting point where the feed and vent line came out of the stock tank. Really easy to do with the push lock fittings and hose.
I thought the pushlock hose wasn't rated for fuel?

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I ran the Holley sender in my cutlass. works great. ran it from the tank to a corvette style filter mounted on the frame with the return from there back to the tank and then a single line from the outlet of the filter up to the fuel rail. holds 63 psi all the time and i've had zero issues with it
The Holley sending unit doesn't need a regulator, it has one built in.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

wskirvin

Master Mechanic
May 22, 2017
Indianapolis, In
That is correct, not sure why he would need both the Holley unit and a corvette filter regulator, he is double regulated.
I only did that to have a return back to the tank and run a single line up front. cheap option to have a filter and the return in a small package

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor