Efi in the aftermarket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Ok I know I'm not up on technology so this thread is me trying to catch up.

The frustrating things I've gone through in the last year have me wondering what's out there for carb to EFI for a dumb body man like me and what are the pros and cons of each system? And we're talking on a low budget lol again I'm a body man

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
He speaks Oldmobile.
upload_2018-1-1_15-39-10.jpeg

• Informative
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Disclaimer: I know what I'm about t o promote is very obsolete technology.

You might keep an eye out for an old Holley Pro-Jection kit. I installed a few back in the day. They're a really basic TBI system that used oem GM sensors with an adjustable controller. They've been superseded several times but used systems pop up on CL and at swap meets from time to time. Usually in the $250-400 range for the complete system.
If you're at all familiar with GM TBI systems it would feel really familiar.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Word is Summit is about to release their system should be cheap.

I have a Holley terminator system, currently installing on a LS swap in my Regal. They make a few options for carb but I don’t think it would be the cheapest although the engineering going into it and the upgrades for the future might make it worth while. Support for their stuff is top notch.

Ez-efi makes a full swap kit for less $$$. Sure seems like it works good from what I’ve read.

It’s really not that hard anymore. Most are basic to understand and self tuning. Running the fuel system is easy, basically it’s 50psi instead of 6.

Lots of people here to coach you with whatever system you chose, don’t over think it and you won’t find it too complicated for a simple carb to TBI swap.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Yes I speak Oldsmobile but those 3 cars are not all I was thinking about that cold blooded square body is where I would probably start it already has an 87 tank in it with a pump and correct lines I just don't know we're to start without braking the bank or pissing off the wife

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Square body would be a good candidate. The first kit I installed over 20 years ago went on a '79(?) 3/4 ton that the guy used to haul scrap metal. He claimed it ran the same at 20* and 110* along with doubling his fuel economy. To be fair, the Qjet it replaced wasn't healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor