EGR valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay520

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 3, 2020
i hope i chose the right section. When i start my car on occasion i get a puff of gray smoke out of my exhaust. Could the egr delete have play in this or do i need to adjust my carb? Im trying to troubleshoot the issue. Sorry for lack of any details. From research it doesnt matter on what you have its what you do with it...

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Unrelated to EGR. Gray (blue) smoke is typically burning oil. A puff on startup is likely worn valve stem seals and/or guides.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

MontesbyE

Greasemonkey
Sep 12, 2020
North Carolina
i hope i chose the right section. When i start my car on occasion i get a puff of gray smoke out of my exhaust. Could the egr delete have play in this or do i need to adjust my carb? Im trying to troubleshoot the issue. Sorry for lack of any details. From research it doesnt matter on what you have its what you do with it...
Nothing to do with EGR, or carb as stated by Driven. Valve seals are wore. typical with older rides and higher mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor