El camino 5.3 lm7 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

80elky911

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 21, 2014
Round hill
Anyone that has done this swap what motor mounts did you use and will the lm7 oil pan work ? I got my motor at machine shop and need to find this stuff out. Thanks

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
Holley mounts
Holley oil pan
Holley exhaust manifolds

These are what I'm using. Reasonable prices but not cheap

S10 eBay headers will fit good
But I've heard the Holley stuff is the best for g body's

But it's not the only option

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Stock oil pan is way too deep. GM hotrod pan is ok in a stock ride height situation but still hangs below the crossmember. Loads of motor mount options. I've heard gto manifolds work if you wanted to go that way but I don't have firsthand experience.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Car Shop Inc adapters, Moroso solid mounts; modified G-Force crossmember; F-body LS1 pan with notched cradle; and Holley swap headers.

I recently purchased a set of bespoke mounts off eBay for G-bodies from Metaltek. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=323222151160

We'll see how they do.

That said, adapters are junk because they make setting your driveline angles a total b*tch as it raises the engine... and raises the trans up in the tunnel... leaving you with a downward angle at the tailshaft. Garbage!

Buy the Holley stuff, it is a well designed system. Save up if you need to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

80elky911

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 21, 2014
Round hill
Thanks for the replies I'm gathering info and it deffinately looks like the Holley mounts and oil pan are the right way to go. I was gonna do a stock bottom end ls but went ahead and bought forged rods and pistons. I'm looking for 450 to 500 go n/a with turbo in future. Was gonna be a budget build but that's hard to do on a budget I think.. any more info is appreciated thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor