El Camino lq4 th350

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkLoya

n00b
Mar 7, 2015
San Jose, CA
im currently swapping my el camino to a lq4/4l80e but as I’m finishing up buying everything it takes a hard left and so no I’m putting my th350 in with the lq4, so my question is do I need to tune out the 4l80e out of the ecu? I already got it flashed and would hate to send it back to get it reflashed! Thanks!

wskirvin

Master Mechanic
May 22, 2017
Indianapolis, In
I wouldn't think so since there would be no controller on the transmission, but then again my ls knowledge is limited on the computer controlled automatics. Maybe talk to your tuner and see what they say? As long as the ECM isn't depending on a speed or pressure sensors on the trans in theory you should be fine.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Hmmm... I am pretty sure having it segment swapped for a manual trans is in order here, and you'll need a VSS from Jagsthatrun.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor