El camino LS engine swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
this might have already been discussed before.

I read something online about LS swaps into an El camino (might have been on ECC) that says for a legal engine swap, the new engine would have to be from or designed for a truck (so the 5.3 or 6.0 Chevy I guess?), since the El camino is a 'truck'.

I just want to know if I can swap like an LS1 or LS3 into the el camino with all the proper emissions equipment and have it be a legal daily driver. This swap won't be happening anytime soon lol, not till I graduate college. I'm just wondering, and it's bugging me.

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware

el corvino

Greasemonkey
Aug 23, 2015
Hey hey Luke! Doesn't matter either way... The Avalanche came with a 5.3 and my Escalade has the 6.2 LS3 variant, both are trucks. You are covered either way. I'd call to verify if they actually run the numbers (assuming they do to make sure the motor isn't stolen), and see if a Corvette LS3 VS my 6.2 makes a difference. If they say yes, ask why...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor