El Camino/Malibu Front clip swaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike P

Master Mechanic
Aug 7, 2009
Arizona
Not a good week, the wife munched the front end on her 83 El Camino. Looks like I'll need a passenger side front fender, hood, front header panel, grill, and passenger headlight bezel (I already have a bumper). I just started looking but so far haven't had any luck finding luck finding usable parts in the local wrecking yards.

I did find a couple of Pontiac and Buick front ends and am not adverse to changing out the entire clip as long as it's bolt on and the body lines match up (actually I kind of like one off El Caminos).

I was wondering if anyone has actually done a Buick or Pontiac front clip swap n a Malibu or EL Camino and how the body lines matched up. I did the 78-80 Monte Carlo Front clip on my 83 El Camino and know the work involved in that (Body line match up, extending frame horns etc) and don;t want to go thru that much work this time).

Thanks in advance.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mike,
I think you'd be alright doing the Pontiac clip on the El Camino. Pontiacs and Chevys share the same body lines..not Buick and Olds. In fact, it's been done before. A Lemans or Grand Am nose would be sweet.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
hi does anyone know if there is a fibreglass front for a 78 Grand Am? and would a Malibu front fit it? Thanks!
fwiw, check this thread out. he might sell his front clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor