Elcamino-Caballero canopy, need advice and opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowshak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 28, 2015
Hi,

I'm looking to get a canopy for my Caballero diable.
But I need some idea on what I'm getting into before buying it.

First, how do we attach it to the body? I see many images where the chrome trims are still on the vehicle and the canopy seem to fit inside the trims.

Second, does it cut the paint on the truck with vibration? If someone as experience with this let me know, I'll put some tape or a foam piece to reduce the damage.

Finally, does anyone know how much mileage you do with it. Is it better or worse?

The one I found it a flat top canopy with the sliding windows for 200-300$, I'm planning on bargaining depending on the shape.

Judge Mills

Greasemonkey
Aug 27, 2014
Washington State
My Elk has evidence of canopy use in its past. There are a few holes actually ground in to the roof from vibration, something I'll have to fix down the road.

My first Elk had a canopy. It came with a rubber strip, but it's a good idea if you put something down underneath it as well. That canopy was attached with L shaped iron bolted to the inside of the bed. I think it fit on the outside of the trim, but I can't quite remember. It sits on the brackets though.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
yes I seem to recall rigid plastic / vinyl on the outside bed rails. A full gasket between the body and the cap. And 4 or 5 flat bars bolted between the cap and the bed. The one on my friends car did not rub but the cap was basically new to the car when he bought it in '90 - '91. It was lifted on and off a few times before it was tossed for good in 1998 or so.

Currently he has had a local upholstery shop make him a folding tonneau cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor