Elco front clip on a Monte?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMonte

Greasemonkey
Apr 18, 2015
York, Pa
I'd like this front clip on my Monte, Jw if it's possible...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 251

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Also use the doors from the Monte and you'll have a better time matching the body lines. I think the body mounts for the doors and fenders are identical between the two cars.

**edit** with a fresh pair of eyes, I realize I had it backwards - I thought you wanted to mount a Monte clip on an El Camino - it's been done, and the 78-80 in particular looks excellent. The other way around - El Camino Clip on a Monte? Hmmm. Agree with the 'would look like a Malibu'. Of course, if the coupe body had been continued after 1981, that's what it would have looked like.

Last edited:

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Like Blake442 said,all that would look like is a malibu, you'd also have to use the elky doors too, otherwise it'll look like crap, imo. There is a member that put a 78-80 monte front clip with doors, that came out sweet for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor