Elco Seats won't slide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrummer43

n00b
Mar 2, 2019
Hey, the bucket seats in my 87 Elco won't slide forward or back. When I actuate the lever, I still can't slide them. Does anyone know an easy fix? Perhaps a part I can lubricate? I'll probably need a pic. Thanks in advance!

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Spit on it, and pull it harder. Or, spray the tracks with PB Blaster enough to get it moving, pull the seat, clean, and lube correctly with Lubri-plate or white lithium grease.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Is there a wire between the handle and the far side of the tracks? The handle actuates the left side track directly, but relies on a wire from the handle to the right side track to unlock that side. It is common for that mechanism to get rusty and seize, causing you to not be able to fully move the handle over or breaking the wire and not allowing the right side mechanism to move at all. Silicone lube all the metal parts and make sure everything is moving free. You can actuates the slave side with an adjustable wrench.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor