electric fan help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

tru88monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2008
hello every one i have a issue i bought a dual electric fan flex a lite 240 pusher fan. well i meant to get the puller and i called flex a lite and they said i cant flip the blades around to make it a puller. i can change the polarity if needed. so i was going to use it as a pusher but use it on the back of the radiator inbetween engine and radiator since my super cooler is on the front of the radiator. so has any one done this. will it work having the fan push air into the radiator and having natural air pushing on the other side? please any help would be appreciated i want to drop this radiator this weekend. thanks

John B

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
You can us it as a pusher on the back of the radiator and it will work fine, but i believe the ideal position is as a pusher in the front of the radiator therefore the air flow would be the same coming in from your grille and through your radiator. If you are going to put it on the backside of the radiator, just reverse the wires so that the fan blades pull the air through the radiator so the airflow will be the same. It will still cool your radiator and your motor that way!

tru88monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2008
thanks but when i asked flex a lite about doing that they said i needed to buy a different fan blade instead of flipping the blades and reversing the polarity

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
Oh, i see you have one of those non reversible blade fans! They are made to flow one way only....,,,ok well you can still do what you are going to do with no problem, just not as ideal as if it was used as a puller. :wink:

tru88monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2008
ok so the fan pushing air on the back of the radiator is still fine? wont over heat? sorry im just trying to make sure this will work. i never used a electric fan.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
No it won't overheat, it should be fine. Is this the only fan(s) that you have on the car? or do you still have the stock pulley fan with it?

tru88monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2008
this is the only fans i have. i wanted to eliminate the pulley fan. soon im getting an electric water pump

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I would strongly suggest against installing a pusher fan on the backside of your radiator - it will constantly be fighting/cancelling air movement through the rad and would only be effective at idle.

tru88monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2008
well not saying your wrong but your the only one that said that. and doesnt a mechanical fan off the water pump do the same?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
tru88monte said:
well not saying your wrong but your the only one that said that. and doesnt a mechanical fan off the water pump do the same?

No, an engine fan is a puller, not a pusher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor