Electric fan opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I have a couple of electric fans from c class Mercedes, from back when I worked in a shop that fixed them. They looked like they’d work in my Malibu so I was going to bypass the fan module on it and wire it up. Anyone know if it’ll work. I can’t really find any specs on the unit. I found one on eBay.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I have a couple of electric fans from c class Mercedes, from back when I worked in a shop that fixed them. They looked like they’d work in my Malibu so I was going to bypass the fan module on it and wire it up. Anyone know if it’ll work. I can’t really find any specs on the unit. I found one on eBay.
Should be fine.

Ali 556

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 22, 2020
Actually, the MB fans will draw alot of amps compared to other brands with no big advantage.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I’ll look into that. Do you happen to have the specs? The advantage to the fan, is I have 3 on my shelf.

the fuse they use is a 50 amp so that works out to a max of 600w and Benz's uses a 90 amp alternator that handles it.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor