Electric fan setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Sorry for all the posts for everything I want to do with the car, I'm sure theres many people who get tired of seeing my posts....i have a decent parts list to complete thanks to them 😁 but I replaced my broken flex fan and Bought a nice 4 blade fan. It works great. Pretty solid fan But now it squeals at start up and when I accelerate, probly due to the thicker heavier fan blade. I replaced belts, cleaned pulleys and everything looks lined up....still squeals....from what I've read I need a 2500cfm puller fan to keep the motor cool. What is a good budget friendly fan that would work, new or pulled from other cars at the yard....

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
You can go intrepid fans, f body fans, etc. I've used these Spal knockoff's for years and they blow some air!!! If you go on ebay and punch in dual electric fans. I think it's PN#HC7106. You'd also need to get a relay kit. Gonna be pricier than junkyard units, just giving you options. Also, simple brackets will allow the new fans to bolt up to the rad hold down and core support...
20190717_193924.jpg
20190717_193854.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have had the Intrepid fan set up in the Monte going on 20 years, new ones are under $100 on Ebay.

IMG_1411.JPG

In my Regal with a 355 SBC I bought a new thermal clutch fan with a 8 blade fan with aluminum blades.

20190520_165037_resized.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The Dodge Stratus electric fans move a lot of air and fit the G body rad very nicely. I paid $30 at a wrecker a few years back. I would also run dual 40 amp relays on Startup. They must draw serious amps when starting, had a few 40 amp relays and thermal switches die. So electric fans aren't trouble free either. Mine 4 blade now also squeals a tiny bit at start up.

• Sad

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
The Dodge Stratus electric fans move a lot of air and fit the G body rad very nicely. I paid $30 at a wrecker a few years back. I would also run dual 40 amp relays on Startup. They must draw serious amps when starting, had a few 40 amp relays and thermal switches die. So electric fans aren't trouble free either. Mine 4 blade now also squeals a tiny bit at start up.
I think we have the same fan. 4 blade 19inch from summit. Maybe I'm better off buying an aluminum fan....probly easier to move than the steel one

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
What year stratus for the fans?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I think any 1995 to 2006 will work. I believe someone mentioned the 4cyl models were higher output. I believe mine were from a 2000 Plymouth Breeze 4 cyl, the same car.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
If you are having squealing issues it might be that your power steering belt isn't tight enough.
Tighten it up real good and see if that helps.
Guy

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
If you are having squealing issues it might be that your power steering belt isn't tight enough.
Tighten it up real good and see if that helps.
Guy
It's tight. I even put a better brand of belt on. I had a flex fan that was broken and never squealed. I put on this better but heavier fan on and it squeals

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor