Electric fan setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
No 403 in 76, probably a 77. Either way, see how the alternator is drove off the water pump only? You need to reinstall the A/C compressor and belt. I did on my 88, instantly fixed when I did.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
No 403 in 76, probably a 77. Either way, see how the alternator is drove off the water pump only? You need to reinstall the A/C compressor and belt. I did on my 88, instantly fixed when I did.
😲dang.....none of that stuff even worked so I pulled it...also to give it a cleaner look....glad I kept the parts. So it's better to throw it back on or go to a electric fan?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
😲dang.....none of that stuff even worked so I pulled it...also to give it a cleaner look....glad I kept the parts. So it's better to throw it back on or go to a electric fan?
It will probably still squeal even without a fan on there. One belt off the crank isn't enough to drive both accessories.

Reactions: 1 user

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
It will probably still squeal even without a fan on there. One belt off the crank isn't enough to drive both accessories.
I was gonna assemble the a.c. pulley but forgot how it went. So i figured it was easier to Take the fan off. Belts Didn't Didn't squeal. Think I will throw an electric fan on it. Not sure if it was mentioned but would it cause damage to the water pump having both belts pulling it in one direction? Was that part of the reason someone said to add the a.c.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor