electric fan thermostat switch question

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
Does this switch replace the stock temp sending unit thats mounted in the head? If so, what happens do the coolant temp gauge in the car? Thanks

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
Then where does the thermostat switch get mounted? I've never paid attention to an electric fan wiring set up

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
It is a stock intake 301. I'll eventually swap it or for either a pontiac 350 or 400. Whether that will have a stock intake or an aluminum aftermarket one remains to be seen. Right now I'm looking to replace the old stock radiator with an aluminum one, contemplating to go work an electric dual fan system.

darbysan

Master Mechanic
Apr 3, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Not sure about your engine, but on a SBC, there is a port (Plug) in the passenger head, toward the rear, between #6 and #8 spark plugs.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
There should be an extra port, the newer the motor, the more ports it has. Depends on if you are using the EFE valve. Even stock Olds manifolds have multiple ports.

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
Talk about a eureka moment. Yup, there is a port right by the thermostat housing. Thanks guys. Would one switch support both fans?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yes.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor