Electric Fuel Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Anybody running an electric fuel pump with the mechanical one still in place. Looking at using the electric to prime the carb for starting only. Maybe a stupid idea and should just go full electric. Any pictures of externally mounted ones ?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if your carb is working properly a couple of pumps on the gas pedal and the carb is primed

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Yeh, hit the pedal a few times! It is only a hard crank after sitting a few days. It's so 80s to pedal it a few times!

I know, it is so time consuming and stressful on the lower leg and ankle muscles...... :popcorn:

and the sad news is an eletric fuel pump will fill up the bowl that should already be full but will not prime the carb, you will still have to do it the ole 80's way.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have a Holley carb with electric choke and I have a mechanical fuel pump and a regulator and all I do is turn the key and it fires right up without priming.
So maybe the regulator holds enough pressure for this to work well.

20190707_191614-1_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor