Electric park brakes on a G-body? Anybody done the conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have the F body handbrake in my GP. I changed the pedal e brake cause I have a clutch pedal and never did like the pedal e brake. The F body hand brake allows me to modulate the back brakes if there is an emergency which includes a quick u-turn and it's easy to release the e brake with a hand brake. The electic e brake is like an off and on switch and I don't see any beneift and I like to keep whatever I can mechanical so less chance of a failure.

Reactions: 1 user

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
Pontiac GP....where did you mount the hand brake mechanism? I have a bench seat so there's no room in the center along the tunnel and it looks like the gap between the door and the side of my seat is minimal

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Pontiac GP....where did you mount the hand brake mechanism? I have a bench seat so there's no room in the center along the tunnel and it looks like the gap between the door and the side of my seat is minimal

I welded in a plate on the right side of the tunnel to bolt the hand brake to in the same location as the F body hand brake is mounted. I used the e brake cable from an F body and copied the way they have them set up.

• Informative

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
If you decide to go back to original, I am parting a 1980 Century that I could supply you everything you need ( cables, clips, bolts, brackets, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor