electric tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: How many of youz use them? I know air is what the pros use but I'm far from that. Just like with E cars E tools got to be getting real advanced.
IBBY

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
I like using those cordless impact drivers with the 1/4" quick connects. I've got some square socket adapters and some small socket sets with the 1/4" quick connections...

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Hate 'em. Got burned on electrics 25 years ago, because the batteries were always junk. Now batteries are good, but the tools are waaaay too expensive., given that I already own pneumatic everything.

I can see where younger guys like them, but I'm 6 years from retirement, so little incentive to change at this point.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Hate 'em. Got burned on electrics 25 years ago, because the batteries were always junk. Now batteries are good, but the tools are waaaay too expensive., given that I already own pneumatic everything.

I can see where younger guys like them, but I'm 6 years from retirement, so little incentive to change at this point.
I buy Milwaukee stuff. I can use the batteries for stuff around the house, and my kids power wheels.

Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'm currently using Craftsman from Lowe's for both garage & yard. The drill, impact driver & "zaw saw" are all brushless.

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
I've used air tools forever but am a recent convert to cordless since my son gave me a Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1/2" High Torque impact gun. The 1,100 ft-lbs of nut-busting/reverse torque is amazing! I have NOT had any issues removing any rusty or frozen nuts/bolts with this unit. For Father's Day, my wife gave me an Milwaukee 2564-20 M12 Fuel 3/8" Right Angle Impact Wrench. I'm looking forward to using that new addition very soon.

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
In my shop we use both, we have recently replaced all our older crap-on cordless drills and impacts with the Milwaukie M18 and M12 stuff. We still use air tools, air chisel, body saw, high speed die grinders, right and wizards, etc. But, the impact guns, drills and even the cordless ratchet are great, and have a lower dB than air, which makes the military happy.

Reactions: 1 users

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Bumping an old thread to offer some info,

Trim carpenter by trade I am a Milwaukee fan, I have probably a dozen tools. I've been the most pleased with the compact router, the gen 2 18ga nailer and gen 2 15ga nailer. It's amazing to be able to not haul a compressor around to jobs to power nailers.

Debating even snagging the table and miter saw. Got to play with another guys 10" sliding miter Milwaukee, I was impressed, even when cutting hickory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor