Electric Trucks - Lightning reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
It's not really a "plan" in that sense, more like an aging baby-boomer bucket list of "we gotta do this" items.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
Infrastructure ain't what it used to be.
Maybe we should redefine it: infrastructure is to structure what infrared is to red.

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014
ck80, guess I'll have to agree with you:

• Japan has been gradually cleaning-up the Fukushima evacuation zone and over the past 10 years some residents have been moving back as different areas have been reopened -- see here (and notice the date) and here -- but yes, decontamination at Fukushima is still in-progress (also: why didn’t you say anything about Three Mile Island?)

• TEPCO plans to release tritium into the ocean, which is water (y'know, 2 atoms hydrogen and 1 atom oxygen) in which one or both hydrogen atoms have an extra proton. It has a half-life of 12.3 years – which means that in 12.3 years there is a 50% chance the molecule will still be “tritium” and not just plain old water – and the mechanism of transformation is the tritium emits a very low-energy beta particle which does negligible damage to your body. You probably have ingested some tritium in the past week (it’s also naturally occurring, right?) but you are correct that tritium is radioactive

I think I’ve found enough so I’ll stand-down

Reactions: 1 user

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
My son has a power wheels that goes 20 mph. If I put a go kart in front of him that goes 15, he’ll pick the go kart every time. The same goes for most of us as well. There’s just something about an internal combustion engine that gets us going. Ive driven Tesla P90D’s set on ludicrous, and they accelerate like crazy. I’d still rather drive a hellcat. The Tesla is quicker if you didn’t know.

Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Not sure why they needed to add this new lightning to the lineup either...

Ford has already had green/environmentally friendly trucks for years:

187074966_311320423856835_5387080957217216127_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Wonder if the frunk (Front Trunk) will have mounting provisions for a Powerstroke Diesel generator to charge the batteries when no charging stations are available.:unsure:
Then its just where do you hide the fuel cans while you save the planet??????:unsure::unsure:

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor