electric window wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
hello all i am at the part of my build of wiring 🙁 but i have a few questions i have doors that are power windows but the wiring harness i am using does not have power windows so i bought some rocker switches to put where my a/c controls go my question is there is two wires coming off of the window motor is there a way i wire the motors into these switches?
IMG_20150811_152040.jpg
IMG_20150811_152032.jpg

Wire diagram looks pretty simple and straight forward, if you're having trouble reading it you may want to get someone that can help.
The rocker switch is pretty simple as well however you have an LED option which might be confusing you.
You need to find out if the rocker you have is a two or three position rocker, hopefully it's a three position rocker, on-off-on.
Top two terminals side by side might be for the LED +-, anode/cathode, you can hook those up to your interior lighting or just leave them alone.
Next three terminals are up, common, and down or blue, pink, brown to the wire diagram.

also i want the light to turn on from when the gauges light up at night on the diagram i found that it is a black or grey wire which one should i splice into? also could i use maybe the a/c light for the light?

I would double check to make sure those switches that you have are rated to handle the current of your power window moror. If not your will need to wire relays to the window motor. If needed i can draw you up a diagram for that. As far as you turning the light on, you can grab the radio wiring harness and use one of the brown wires. It provides 12v when parking lights are turned on. The other brown wire in your harness is the positive rear driver side speaker wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor