Electrical Demons being removed - Wiring identification help? Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGBody87

Greasemonkey
Jan 7, 2018
Somebody please check my work. the one with the red arrow is either HVAC or the air pump thingie on the passenger side.
View attachment 104631
Thank you for your help I looked through the pictures and I sat down with the service manual and I think identified all of the wires and then I sat and made my own parts of the harness using the factory GM colored wires to get me by for right now . 7AD7CC77-D90C-4054-8D08-4992971A0E89.jpeg 878C4FE4-11C0-4315-ADAA-340278A0DCFA.jpeg

RGBody87

Greasemonkey
Jan 7, 2018
I would suggest not splicing the wires coming from the bulkhead connector. You can buy the connectors from this place and run new wires staright thru with no splicing. Its not that hard to do and really cleans up the wiring harness. If you spring for the right crimper they come out like factory.

http://www.texasindustrialelectric.com/_packard_terminals.asp

Thank you, awesome suggestion. I think when I take the body off next year i’m Going to take the time and do this. I’ve also considered getting an entirely new aftermarket wiring harness because I’m doing nothing with the computer in the car anyway.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Thank you, awesome suggestion. I think when I take the body off next year i’m Going to take the time and do this. I’ve also considered getting an entirely new aftermarket wiring harness because I’m doing nothing with the computer in the car anyway.

Save your money. Theres not that many wires that you have to buy a new built harness. You have the wiper motor, lights which are real easy, starter and charging. Maybe a few others but pretty straight forward.
I bought marine grade wire in all the right colors. The only one I had a hard time finding was purple for the starter. Its sold but I didnt want to buy a 100' spool for 10'.
Will it all work when I hook up the battery ? Not sure but geez, I really hope so. LOL

Reactions: 1 user

RGBody87

Greasemonkey
Jan 7, 2018
Save your money. Theres not that many wires that you have to buy a new built harness. You have the wiper motor, lights which are real easy, starter and charging. Maybe a few others but pretty straight forward.
I bought marine grade wire in all the right colors. The only one I had a hard time finding was purple for the starter. Its sold but I didnt want to buy a 100' spool for 10'.
Will it all work when I hook up the battery ? Not sure but geez, I really hope so. LOL
Once I get the new starter put in on Tuesday night I will get to sit back and start sweating as a hook up the battery to see if I spark any new fires anywhere in the car ! Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor