Electrical - Fuel Gage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank_C

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2020
It may be as simple as a bad bulb. If that's not it I suspect a bad ground, bad ground is the first culprit of erratic electrical problems. I pulled my dash cluster apart last weekend and hated every moment of it. My fuel gauge wasn't working.
I was thinking the same thing and went ahead and replaced all the bulbs in the taillights and turn signal lamps. One taillight bulb did have a break in it, but after replacing the bulbs I have the same outcome. Right turn signal works but is very dim. Left turn signal is bright and wording normal.

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
The entire factory harness is a bad design. All the splices are literally wrapped in tape and tucked in the bumper. ( At least on the monte) I just rebuilt my entire tailight harness and found a lot of corroded wires several feet from the splice. Corrosion travels down wires unfortunately

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor