Electrical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froggys86

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2017
California
I plugged the cigarette lighter back in since I was wondering why wasn't working so I pulled radio dash off to see what was going on low and behold wasn't plugged in from back so when I did it threw a little spark so I tried it nothing checked fuse on guse box blown so changed out sparked there so maybe short and now radio doesn't go on checked all fuses radui, fuse box and still nothing😡😠...what could be the problem on both parts🤦need my music🎶🎵🎼...please help and thank you in advance🙏.

JimmyCamino

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2020
Alexandria, VA
Sounds like you have a hot wire touching ground. Crawling around on the floor and tracing those wires from the radio and cigar lighter back to the fuse box you should be able to find where something has bare wires or was improperly spliced.

Froggys86

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2017
California
Sounds like you have a hot wire touching ground. Crawling around on the floor and tracing those wires from the radio and cigar lighter back to the fuse box you should be able to find where something has bare wires or was improperly spliced.
Well before dash swap lighter was working fine so when I swapped lighter my brother didn't hook ot back on so and that was almost a year ago so wanted to know why and when I seen wasn't plugged in I did an that's when tjis mishap occured...but I'll check and see
Lighter was unplugged and it worked? Lighter socket is bad.
Ues it did work before then swapped dash wasn't plugged until the other day sparked so it's a bad socket okay thanks...so could it of blew my stereo without blowin it's fuse nd/or fuses🤔

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Yup, lighter, courtesy/dome, and radio memory are the same circuit. Also, make sure there's nothing in the socket; a penny fits perfectly. It's harder on a G, but I used to see it on other cars quite often. Throw change in the ashtray, then a penny falls in the socket and blows the fuse. A shorted lighter element will blow it, too.

Reactions: 1 user

Froggys86

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2017
California
Looks like I have music again.... So I disconnected the cig lighter and put in a fuse for it un the fuse box so new fuse and lighter socket not connected I once again have music😊 so most likely socket may be bad. Thank you to all that replied appreciate you all and on this forum🙏🙏

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor