Electronic Speedo Conversion PIC HEAVY!!!!!!!

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
not all cutlass' came with the wire. it is usually a white wire. early years ran the wire thru the fire wall near the distributor with a tach filter mounted on the fire wall (condenser). later years rad the white wire thru the firewall at the bulk head connector on the drivers side below the wiper motor, no condenser involved.

Built6spdMCSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 15, 2012
The tach is "wired" in the cluster with the ribbons in the cluster. What wire in the harness would I need to tap to accomplish it though?
Trace it on the ribbon with the other info here and see if it's on the big gauges connector there in the dash. If so as mentioned run to the Dizzy. I had to run the Tach Filter on my SS even with the LS Swap to get it to read more refined.

G-Body Performance Upgrades

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

ContactAdmin@GBodyForum.comfor info on becoming a sponsor