Electronic Speedometer for GP Dash

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I'm trying to get an electronic speedometer for my LS grand prix.

I picked up a cluster out of a 93 Chevy G10 van. I know 90-91 K5 blazers and vans have the correct one, I picked it up out of the 93 since thats what the yard had and it seems the same.

I took the Grand Prix speedometer apart and the G van speedometer doesn't fit, it's not even close. The Monte Carlos and G10 Van/K5 blazer mounted the speedometer housing from the front but the GP mounts from the rear.

This picture shows the housing "guts" mounted with the odometer and needle/face removed mounted to the housing. The K5 works the opposite way where the odometer and gears mount backwards to the faceplate.

Does anyone know or have swapped an electric speedometer into a G body cluster? Does a parsenianne or something else of the era have something similar that will work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor