eliminating comp and ecm,etc HEEELLLP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Hello all.i decided to eliminate my comp and ecm on my 87 mcss L69 305 h.o. and have questions that need answered concerning the removal of unessasary wires/and or complete engine harness.it is a stock factory 87 mcss harness.i am not running ac and though i currently am running the 2005r transmission,i will be swapping this out for a th350(so i will not need a lock-up. Kit, as the th350 is not comp controlled)ian also running shorty headers.ii would like to keep the harness."unbutcherd" and intact as much as possible, so that if someone needed it it would i have diconnected all connections,and have labled all appropiate connections that i can figure out need to ne on engine,i.e,knock sensor water pressure switch,power steering pump connection( plugs into top of pump?)elecchoke(do i need this,or can i run it manual?)also shold i remove entire harness from bay as to tck/fold back into harness unnessasary wires or can it be done with it(harness) still attached?also what would be the bestmethod to use as far asNOT having to CUT" wires to eliminate uneeded wires?(also are all connections/wires i need separeted in harness or will i have to separate myself? Any info knowhow greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor