Elusive 22039684 Windshield Wiper Motor Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandsstorm13

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 3, 2017
Summerville, South Carolina
Recently my wiper motor stopped spraying with the washer motor so I replaced the motor to no avail. The motor then seemed to act up when wiping the windshield so I replaced the motor that came without the cover and circuit board Part #22039684. The wipers operate normally even when trying to use the washer mode but no water spraying. Tried looking online to find that it has been discontinued (no surprise). Does anyone know where I can find this cover with the circuit board and would this cause the washer motor to not operate? Only thing I can think of is scouring the junk yards but there isn't any close by in South Carolina that has any G Body cars with this wiper cover.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
At this point you'll have to resort to a good used one. That's pretty much what I had to do for a few of my cars. I was lucky enough to find them at the junkyard, and this was years back. New parts are NLA, and nobody seems to recondition them...as far as I know.
As for the washer function, did you check the nozzles for blockage and the hoses as well? They do commonly clog. Use a small piece of welding wire or any small gage wire. Once you determine that the lines and nozzles are free of obstruction, try priming the pump. The circuit board would affect the delay/ pulse function more so than the washer function.
I suggest putting the word out there. Someone will be able to locate one in their travels, I'm sure. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Oriellys sent mine to one of they’re suppliers and got mine rebuilt. They couldn’t find any reference to mine on they’re compute.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You can't find them because when I lived in Summerville in the 80s I picked the j/y's clean. :) Oh wait, that was 70s parts...

Yeah, that circuit board is hard to find.

You may be able to find an electronics geek or geek shop that specializes in fixing strange electronic junk. I'm sure it's just a diode or resistor or some other cheap chit keeping it from working right.

Did you get the new washer motor in correctly? Also, there's a park switch you need to transfer over from your old wiper motor to the new one. GM/ACDelco motors are supposed to come with them installed. Don't worry, if you took in your old motor with the switch on it as a core, I think you can still buy new park switches on ebay. GM P/N 22063283

Windshield Wiper Motor Part Numbers G-body.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor