Emergency Brake 1979 Caballero/El Camino- Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnhjohnson

n00b
Nov 3, 2010
I pulled the release lever for the emergency brake and it came off in my hand. My emergency brake pedal is pushed all the way to the floor. I'm afraid to drive the car with the brake in all the way. Any ideas on how to reattach?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you have to remove the kick panel and you can manually release the pedal. Put pressure on the pedal and it'll be easier to release it. The release cable may be broken at the t handle so you can just put a pair of vice grips on the cable to pull it to release the pedal. It's pretty straight forward on replacing the cable

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Actually, you don't even need to remove the kick panel.
Stick your head under there and you can see where the cable attaches to the pedal, and you can release it with a quick bump with a screwdriver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor