Status
Not open for further replies.

84ELCaminoLex

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 9, 2019
Wondering if anyone on this site can help me with information on gathering all the smog hoses and decals for passing California Smog. There are several decals, and i need to buy the correct one. This is where i am starting. I also put in a new 305ci motor, and i need to buy all the hoses, ect. Any information would be very appreciated. Basically the decal will tell me how many hoses i need.
I have a 305ci, with a 700R4 4 speed automatic, 4 barrel Edelbrock carburetor, smog legal headers. i will be adding AC also.
I also added a new exhaust system with the Catalytic Converter. Advice necessary, thank you.
IMG_0164.jpg IMG_1536.JPG IMG_2338.jpg

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Try OPGI since they are in Peoples Republic Kaliforna. But anyone selling Elky/Monte resto parts should have them.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Is that carb legal in California? The original would have been a feedback carb interfaced with the computer

84ELCaminoLex

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 9, 2019
Is that carb legal in California? The original would have been a feedback carb interfaced with the computer
Well i do have the original Quadrajet, but that one should have all the ports necessary. Also you can add parts which are available for online order to make it like the old one.

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
It's not a matter of having all the ports. The original carburetor was feedback controlled by a computer in the right side kick panel. It utilized a computer controlled mixture control solenoid and had an integral tps. The Edelbrock carburetor has neither. Eliminating the tps can affect ignition timing as well as it too is controlled by the computer. How are you getting it through the smog checks?

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
I don't see a vacuum advance on the distributor. Of course it could be hiding. The original motor as mentioned used the CC QJet and also controlled timing, had an air pump and an EGR valve. I see the tubes, but where is the rest? When I used to live in an emissions controlled state all that had to be there too. You "can't" run that motor with the CC distributor. It won't do it's job properly. It will start and run, but that's about as good as it gets. I suggest swapping the correct carb onto it, putting in the ECM and getting the emissions stuff in place. Swap it out after you pass inspection if you are so inclined.

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
I dont even see the original harness, your going to need that to run your emissions and thats including your carb and distributor and ecm.

84ELCaminoLex

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 9, 2019
It's not a matter of having all the ports. The original carburetor was feedback controlled by a computer in the right side kick panel. It utilized a computer controlled mixture control solenoid and had an integral tps. The Edelbrock carburetor has neither. Eliminating the tps can affect ignition timing as well as it too is controlled by the computer. How are you getting it through the smog checks?

84ELCaminoLex

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 9, 2019
Cany anyone with a 1984 Chevy El Camino 305ci tell me if this is the correct sticker for emissions please. thanks
84elcamino305decal.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor