HELP Emissions system delete for 83 Malibu 305 sbc

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
But I'll never police what you do with your cars, whatever reason you have to do with it. I'm more libertarian when it comes to you going ahead and doing with you and yours as long as you leave me and mine alone. I may, or may not, think whatever you're doing with your car is stupid. But I won't stand in your way if you want to go ahead and do it. You're the one responsible for your outcomes.

And that is the energy- I hold everyone else to, and why I was going from frustrated to really heated fast in the previous discussions.

But you can understand why, because it's exactly that.

So, I am happy for OP because, at least he isn't swayed and can make an informed decision, for what he is working towards 😤🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 1 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
The original question has been been answered. His mind has been made to remove everything except 8 spark wire and battery cables!
There are 3 truths:
1. The world is round
2. 2+2=4
3. I can't say or I'll get thrown out of the Forum!
:rofl: :popcorn:

Reactions: 1 user

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Glad the OP got his answer. Just reading through this ... Need some aspirin and some of the new "trans" fluid.

On the C3 (CCC) system and to check run-ability, all that is needed is to get the proper O2 sensor for the year, make, and model and plug it in. Zippy tie it to the inner fender (or some place where it won't get "hot") and go drive it. Until the O2 hits 320*F (there or about) the system will stay in "open loop". With the O2 sensor never getting hot, the system will never go "closed loop". You will know immediately if removal of the system is good idea or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
Hey y’all, does anyone know of any kits or tutorials to a full emissions system delete. I went to a good guys car show a few times now and noticed a lot of the carbureted engines didn’t look as cluttered as mine lol so I want to clean up and simplify my engine bay as well as making it more practical since they don’t do emissions testing on older vehicles here in Texas. A list of parts as well as detail steps would help! Thanx
i went with a jet performance qjet, acdelco vac advance distributor off Amazon " ACDelco 93440806 GM Original Equipment Ignition Distributor' and hooker sbc manifolds heres my post. https://gbodyforum.com/threads/hooker-sbc-manifolds-in-g-body.85856/

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor