Emissions testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho7889

n00b
Aug 9, 2020
Hi all, new here, may be moving to crown point indiana, was wondering if anyone was from the area with a g body since they emissions test. Mainly curious if you just had to pass sniff test or had to have car fully original

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
I live in indiana but not crown point. No emissions testing in Indiana. Your fine. Where did you hear that indiana required emission testing?

Macho7889

n00b
Aug 9, 2020
I live in indiana but not crown point. No emissions testing in Indiana. Your fine. Where did you hear that indiana required emission testing?
Lake and porter counties near chicago, require every 2 or 4 years emissions testing, they are in indiana but do require it according to their website, but its a very vaugue answer there

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
Counties surrounding the Chicago area may. To be honest, I've not lived up there. It's an honest answer. Check out the indiana BMV website. No emissions testing.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
TBH, I'd choose a different county to live in. That's not a smart @$$ answer either - here in GA there's like 7 counties that require emissions testing. The core metro Atlanta counties, plus one where UGA is located.

Common theme? VERY liberal, with VERY poor fiscal management and highest tax rates in the state. They even have county wide special sales taxes. Anything you buy costs a good 1-2% more in sales tax, millage rates on property tax are higher, school taxes are higher (with MUCH worse ratings and test scores), run budget deficits.... everything about them is somewhere you DON'T want to live.

So when states dont require testing, but certain cities/counties do, those are the ones to avoid worse than the plague.

Added bonus is greater enjoyability of your hobby.

Reactions: 1 user

Macho7889

n00b
Aug 9, 2020
Counties surrounding the Chicago area may. To be honest, I've not lived up there. It's an honest answer. Check out the indiana BMV website. No emissions testing.
Lake an porter counties, ive been all over the site but it doesnt say exactly, id like to have an honest answer as to mods i can and cant do, if i buy another monte id 5 speed swap it again and id still wanna drive it ya know?

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Owing a Pre OBD!! car in an Emissions county can get super sketchy today and beyond. The law may require it in the county due to air quality but what if there isn't enough Pre OBDII cars on the road to justify maintaining the roller dyno?

This is what happened in Dallas. Dyno's broke and never were fixed because shops could not justify the expense and nobody could do the inspection. Texas has a 25 year emissions exemption, so all pre OBDII cars are now emissions exempt, but it was pretty hard for guys with 93/94 cars for a while.

If the entire state requires it and its a government run inspection station, the odds of finding an inspection station are way better, but individual counties + Private inspections could become a bad deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor