End links???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I just got my UMI control arms and about to order Proforge 11610011 steering rebuild kit It doesnt come with end links, and the ones they sell have rubber bushings. Should I go with they’re set or get one with poly bushings?

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Rubber/poly you won't see a noticeable difference.Seeing as you're going through the front end,you're really not feel a difference as it's gonna be tighter by default.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Rubber/poly you won't see a noticeable difference.Seeing as you're going through the front end,you're really not feel a difference as it's gonna be tighter by default.
Ya I hope so. I put on the GN steering box with the Jeep shaft and new pump already. Now I’m getting the last few parts for braking, steering, and suspension to do at one time since they all overlap. Having a helluva time finding an 80s Caprice power booster , every place I’ve checked says out of stock. I’ve paid $62.00 to Summit only to be told it’s on backorder till mid October if I’m lucky.

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Poly are available at all local parts stores. Rubber sucks, and cracks in mere months.

Reactions: 1 user

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
If anyone feels ambitious, you could build some of these. They’re ball joints connected by threaded rod, and located on the sway bar and a arm by shouldered washers. Once I actually get to drive the car again I’ll know if they’re any better than poly donuts. Probably not :banana:
AD34091A-125B-4193-B9C4-F0CA13621E8E.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor