MONTE CARLO Engine Advice: 450-500 whp (Stock Hood)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
The newer EcoBoost V-6s are port/direct. They claim the change was for drivability and emissions, but many suspect it was partially to mitigate the valve deposit issue. I put partial blame on Ford for not recommending synthetic oil and premium fuel for it. I think it was kind of an early marketing thing about “See? Just as easy to own as a regular truck!” Or so they said...:confused:

Reactions: 1 user

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
That's what this guy was saying; it's an additive in dino oil causing the deposits. Apparently, synthetic oils don't have or need whatever it is (I forget- caicium-something-or-other).

And frequent oil changes means not following the OEM recommendation of 7K mile intervals.....Change it as soon as you can't see through it.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I generally go with 5,000 mile intervals with full synthetic. Better safe than sorry. On my Avalanche, I change it when the oil life monitor is between 15-10%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor