Engine backfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
So I'm driving my Malibu yesterday and it did something it's never done before. The engine was still a bit cold and my choke was off (manual choke). I was driving behind some slow driver, so I went to pass them. And like I said, the car was a bit cold still and the choke was off. So naturally it kinda bogged a bit when I goosed it a bit. So I just put it to the floor. The car downshifted and as usual, it was off. But then when it hit about 3k it seemed to just stop pulling and sat there, then it started to backfire really loud (about 6 of them, really fast). So I let up on the throttle right away and the car shifted back to drive and all seemed well. But I do notice it seems to be running a bit rougher now. Hopefully after the spring tune-up it runs better. I haven't touched the engine all winter (except for the oil).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor