REGAL Engine Compartment Plug, heater related?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Diggin around in my engine compartment, trying to make my heat work on High. I found this plug, it has a ground wire snipped off of it, but it's a thick red wire, light green, green, and the black ground wire. Is there a female plug for this somewhere? Does it go into some kind of module, or is there just a female plug in the harness? Where should it be? I recall reading about high speed is direct battery feed through a 10(?) gauge red wire, that looks like one to me. Any input is appreciated. Shown is the plug, and where it goes into in the harness.
heatplug.jpg

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Yes should be a female plug there....on sbc Gbody's (which I'm used to) it's usually just above the valve cover on that side..

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Yes should be a female plug there....on sbc Gbody's (which I'm used to) it's usually just above the valve cover on that side..
Mine was a V6. Hmmm.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Do you know what the plug is for/from? It has something to do with the heat, that much I know.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
What's odd, is I can't find those wires (red, light green, green, black) anywhere in my Haynes manual. Weird.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I believe that is firewall side of the HVAC control. There should be a mate to it, and that's why your high speed isn't working on the blower motor.
I can't find the female companion to that plug, might be one of the ones my dumb 17 year old *ss snipped when I ripped the v6 out a few years ago. Off to the junkyard I suppose, if only to find a car as a reference.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
So, determine which side you need. If that's the end going to the bulkhead connector across the firewall, then, yes, that is absolutely why the high speed doesn't work. IIRC, the other side toward the fender should have the A/C pressure switch and the blower high relay on it.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
So, determine which side you need. If that's the end going to the bulkhead connector across the firewall, then, yes, that is absolutely why the high speed doesn't work. IIRC, the other side toward the fender should have the A/C pressure switch and the blower high relay on it.
Yeah, the bulkhead part is what I'm missing. I have all the wires and connectors on the hvac box.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
If you did not cut the plug off all the way to the fuse block, I'd unwrap the loom/tape until their exposed. The green wire is a double that goes to idle kick up switch and AC compressor. Red and black is usually in the main harness to fuse block

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor