Engine doesn't want to restart after having been driven

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
have a sbc 355 with a slayer 600cfm carb. this thing starts fine in the morning but doesn't like to re-start after it's been driven for awhile. Starter will turn the motor over and will eventually start but have to crank it over 2 or 3 times before it'll fire up. Seems only to have started behaving this way since the weather got colder. Any ideas on how to solve this would be appreciated.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Vapor lock can occur even in cold weather. How is your gas line to the carb routed? Also if you have an HEI did you put the heat sink grease under the module?

Reactions: 1 user

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
Vapor lock can occur even in cold weather. How is your gas line to the carb routed? Also if you have an HEI did you put the heat sink grease under the module?
pump to filter to an fitting to carb using high pressure fuel line as far as routing. I do use an hei. this is the first I've heard heat sink grease. can you fill me in?

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Dielectric Grease - google it for Hei module. Check down the carb throat when you turn the car off to see if fuel is still dribbling in (flooding) bad float adjustment, bad float, bad needle/seat

Reactions: 2 users

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
Dielectric Grease - google it for Hei module. Check down the carb throat when you turn the car off to see if fuel is still dribbling in (flooding) bad float adjustment, bad float, bad needle/seat
will do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor