MONTE CARLO ENGINE OIL COOLER

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the oil should be within 10 degrees warmer than the coolant temperature. If the engine oil is running too cool it will not properly lubricate the engine. What is the temperature of your oil

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
For a street car or even an autocrossed car there is no benefit. Unless it is a dedicated track car there is no requirement for one. Just run a quality synthetic oil and a good filter - they stopped using oil coolers in the 90s on turbo cars for a reason: oil stopped coking as oil technology improved after the 80s.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Unless you are doing some heavy duty towing I wouldn't worry about one and then it should be thermo controlled. Cons - the biggy is not getting the oil up to temp to burn off condensation

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

The Last Don

Greasemonkey
Oct 22, 2017
Seattle, WA
Thank you all for the info. Very helpful. I was looking at a new radiator and electric fan combo and came across oil coolers. I wont be adding an oil cooler to the ride - not needed.

Reactions: 1 user

The Last Don

Greasemonkey
Oct 22, 2017
Seattle, WA
For a street car or even an autocrossed car there is no benefit. Unless it is a dedicated track car there is no requirement for one. Just run a quality synthetic oil and a good filter - they stopped using oil coolers in the 90s on turbo cars for a reason: oil stopped coking as oil technology improved after the 80s.

Any suggestions on what kind of synthetic oil to use?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor